On January 16, 2018, YouTube announced new policy for its YouTube Partner Program which has already been implemented presently . This is absolutely bad news for small YouTube creators because many are going to lose their YouTube ad monetization and some channels are going to be removed.
For currently awaiting review Stage before YouTube ad Monetization
Below are the new requirements that applies to channels that are currently on pending review to be in the YouTube Partner Program:
- Your pending application will be reviewed in the next few weeks only If you meet the new threshold.
- Secondly If you are yet to meet the new threshold, then wait for your application to be reviewed once your channel reaches 4,000 watch hours in the previous 12 months and 1,000 subscribers which is the new threshold implemented from January 16, 2018.
Read Also: HOW TO DELETE YOUTUBE ACCOUNT PERMANENTLY
For Already Reviewed Stage (Present YouTube Partners)
Below are the new requiremens that applies to existing channels who are currently part of the YouTube Partner Program:
- you will remain in the YouTube Partner Program If your channel meets the threshold 4,000 watch hours and 1000 subscribers.
- If your channel is below the threshold, your channel will be removed from the YouTube Partner Program if your channel do not meet the threshold from now till February 20, 2018,.
- If your channel made it up to the new threshold by February 20, 2018, you don’t need to re-apply you will automatically stay in the program.