Facebook Chat History
Do you know it is possible to find your Facebook chat history? I know there is a person like me that wants to read a particular message for a huge number of times.
This is quite good news for us to know that we can actually locate our Facebook chat history and at the same time download it for future references
On this page, we are going to show you the pretty simple way to find the history logs for specific messages, and search through them as long as you have an existing Facebook account.
Read also: How to use Facebook Live with Andriod & iOS
How to View your Facebook Chat History
To view your Facebook messages, just follow the steps below:
- Log in to Facebook,
- click Messages at the top of the page, near your profile and “Home” Icon.
- Click on the particular message you want the history.
- You can then scroll up and down viewing the messages as soon as a specific thread will open at the bottom of Facebook
- You can also copy the messages by clicking on the small gear icon next to the exit button on that conversation ( Note that you can also delete the conversation, and add other friends in the conversation or block the user if you want)
Steps to Download All Your Facebook Chat History
This will apply when you want to keep a record of all of your chat histories for future references or for any reason. Kindly follow the steps below to proceed:
- On your web browser log on to www.facebook.com
- Click on Account Settings page through the small arrow at the far right side of the top Facebook menu, and choose Settings.
- Click on Download a copy of your Facebook data at the bottom of the page
- Select Start My Archive. On the download, your information page
- enter your Facebook password instantly
- Click Submit.
- You then have to select Start My Archive to start the process.
- Finally, Click Okay to exit the Download Requested prompt.
Congratulation at this time all your data including your pictures will be downloaded but you have to be patient till Facebook send you an email when it’s ready for download.
Note: This is only applicable for existing Facebook account and not deleted Facebook accounts.